Between Raindrops

In the silence between raindrops
I can let my mind wander.
It dreams of ultraviolet love
Waiting to escape the clouds
And skewer me in my openness.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the imagery, the simplicity. As soon as I read the first line, my mind shut off everything i was thinking in order to grasp the subtle beauty of your poem.

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aww thanks!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so nice...sweet subtle and serene. I like it.

Thank you. I wrote it about the confusing feelings I was having at the begining of a relationship and how they just kinda canceled each other out until I was left with the promise of being able to let someone in and the fear of letting someone hurt me.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:17 am
Well, I guess I didn't get it from your point of view but I suppose that's what poetry is, huh ...different interpretations to different people......It is still beautiful though with the new light shed..

MumfordandSons27 said...
Short and sweet, just how I like it (: Good words, reminds me of the randomness that I like to write about. Ultraviolet is a cool word

Thanks! :D I love any excuse to use fantabulous words!

3dancer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
WOW, I love this! I don't really have anything to sugest I like it as it is. I wouldn't touch it!

That means a lot, thanks :3

sakina said...
Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:39 am
Nice ,I liked how you used 'Raindrops' and expressed your feelings.

Thank you!

loveissmilesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:41 am
You have a very distinctive writing style and you vocabulary is amazing. Great job...if you could check out anything of mine i would be forever grateful.

I'd love to! Thanks :)