Every boy is not like all the rest

There's going to be that boy who walks into your life, he's going to do all he can to keep your heart from breaking, to stop all the pity fights just to keep you from aching.
He's going to go through many storms, a thousand miles out of his way just to hold you in his arms. He may not be the best, he's going to try his hardest, but he's not like all the rest.
That boy will be there for you through it all, he's going to love you, and give you the world, he will believe you're perfect with each and every flaw.
He will become everything you said you would never find, he's going to fix that empty space the other boy left behind. He may not be the best, he's going to try his hardest, but he's not like all the rest.
That boy will give it everything he's got, he will cry your pain away to give you that every ounce of faith just to stop it all. He'll travel through the darkest places just to wipe the tears from your face, he'll kiss all your wounds away to prove that he will try his hardest each and every day.
He may not be the best, he's going to try his hardest, but he's not like all the rest.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Nella.Girl97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 26 at 12:42 pm:
This poem is added to my favorites! I cant tell u how much this poem means to me! I struggle with depression and think all the time that i will not find a boy who will love me for who i am!