Lost & Found

How can it be that I feel found?
I was not lost, feet on the ground

The rainy season has left me dry
Like a child too numb to cry

But now the darkness has become light
Now the sparrow has taken flight

A flame has ignited, it silently burns
A heart has awakened, adventure it yearns

Dark dreams re-imagined, conquered fears
I have been lost all of these years

Finally peaceful, finally calm
The sounds of the world intertwined into song
Have I really found where I belong?

The lost will be found, the found will be lost
Will this journey be worth it’s cost?

A hidden path, a cloudy sky
But I still have the will to try

Across the sand, across the sea
Everything in perfect harmony

A quest completed, homeward bound
For now I am finally found

Cat-GirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 20, 2012 at 10:48 am
This has astonishing stucture and vivid descriptions, but it's a bit vague too...

realbeautifulheart replied...
Oct. 21, 2012 at 12:26 am
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I agree with it being vague. I guess I just couldn't quite put a finger on what had changed, so I wrote down everything that came to mind. It didn't bother me much because that way, as a reader, you can also identify with your own circumstances and experiences.

Cat-GirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Yeah, that makes sense. Well, keep up with the epic writing! =D

Ga-GahKayMarie said...
Very nice! The name is what attracted me to the poem though my favorite line would have to be "Like a child to numb to cry". That line make me think back to when I was a kid and thinking of a moment when I was to scared to even cry, and that gave me the whole mood of the poem.

realbeautifulheart replied...
Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:57 am
Yes, I used that sensation to express another part of being lost. As in, that's how lost I felt, too numb to cry being like not really knowing what's going on and not fully being submerged in pain. Thanks :)