His eyes, a stormy blue.

I love his eyes
(such sweet eyes)
The color of the ocean
when a storm brews
in its foamy currents.

Forever I could look into his eyes
and be stuck in an ocean of blue
and feel the salty wind on my skin
to where I wait in anticipation
for the next salty wind
to grace me with its presence.

Those stormy eyes
that seek and find me alone
and stir feelings inside me
quite like the storm to sea.

Though his smile
so warm when directed to me
lovely whitened pearls
that seem to dance on the edge of his grin.

The curl at the corner of his mouth,
that seems to fly towards the salty wind in his stormy blue eyes.
And whens he smiles
the way his face lights up
and he transforms into another person.

The words that sit on the tip of my tongue freeze
for his dimpled grin has appeared
and is making its way to my very soul.

And oh how is such a genuine piece of perfection
not able to dance across my lips?
And how so is my loves' smile
not mine own to cherish and love?

These questions I ask with a deep sigh
for not only does his smile carry a piece of my heart
but so does his eyes,
a storm in the ocean
that seems to pull me in
like the tide to a distant shore.

I love all of him
as he is perfect in body and in spirit
but mostly his eyes I do love
for he see's me
as not who I can be
but for who I am.

SteelersJdog said...
Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:38 am
I actually like the fact that you reffered to the ocean a lot. It's not necessarily a very unique comparison, but it can be unique depending on how you use it. In this poem, it works because of its majestic nature. When you're in love, it's almost a surreal experience. That is how the ocean is viewed by many as well. The correlation between the two conveys a strong and vivid message in this poem, and I think that it really works. Great job!

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
beautiful! I can totally connect to this, and seems to  me like the definition of that 'one true love'. i have asked the same question as you many times, with a sigh too.  and yea, for your name, i agree that british boys are cute!!!!!!! 

ILuvBritishBoysThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
:D lol thanks

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
That was good!  However it seems like you talked to much about the ocean and salt. Msybe you should try thinking of another thing you could compare him to. 

Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:49 am
Thanks:) Ya ill try to be more creative next time. This was one of the first poems I wrote, and I was completely in love when I wrote this, so I kept on referring to the eyes.

jetta.bugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
That's beautiful. I've gotta say, I was actually thinking of my crush when I read this. But it really connected to me, and I'm sure it did to other readers also. This deserves to be on the top page!! Just make sure your stanzas are either equal lengths or consistent lengths. Great job, though!!

Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:49 am
Thanks so much.:) I appreciate your comment. I love to know what people think about what I write.