Success | Teen Ink

Success

August 8, 2012
By gilchresty GOLD, Juneau, Alaska
gilchresty GOLD, Juneau, Alaska
10 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Whats the point of growing up if you cant be childish sometimes"


So close, the moment draws near like that awkward shade of blue, the saddest part of life is the sudden urge to stare into the rear view, when you know it's finally time to leave it all behind and watch the staircase of adulthood unwind beneath the very soles of our feet and from now on every situation we put action to place there's a unique obsession that makes our heart race, some of us look in the mirror everyday hoping to find it, others use the poisons that our earth has provided to hide it when they lose all hope they resort to chemicals and eventually get sucked into the tightrope of unfamiliar tendencies that leads to nothing but a hell of a mess, the obsession we all long for is success.


The author's comments:
I wrote this poem completely off the top of my head, I had a image in my mind about how in a dull moment I've noticed there is always a rather awkward shade of blue, and I believe that a symbol of sadness is looking out the rear view. I guess you can say this poem relates to all generations but I really wanted it to hit and cause some recognition towards my generation 90's kids.