"When Skies are Gray..." | Teen Ink

"When Skies are Gray..."

July 30, 2012
By HatchyBoo2015 SILVER, Owasso, Oklahoma
HatchyBoo2015 SILVER, Owasso, Oklahoma
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"No, I think I'll just go down and have some pudding and wait for it all to turn up.... It always does in the end."~Luna Lovegood


“..And most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing, & there’s so much to smile about.”
-Marilyn Monroe


That day was like any other normal day


I got to spend the day with the one guy who I knew would never leave my side. Brett Louis Miller II.


He was my big brother, my protector, my best friend...
My sunshine..


We met at recess when I was in Day Care & he was in Kindergarten,
I was 2, as he was 5.


There was never a day where he wasn't by my side,never a time where he wasn't playing in the dirt with me, or helping me cut my dolls' hair.


Thirteen years I'd known my best friend. He had gotten me through Hell,He meant so much to me..
I'd give him the world if he didn't already have it.


He was always singing to me...
"You are my sunshine,
my only sunshine.
You make me happy,
when skies are gray."


I can still hear his voice singing to me over the phone while I'm falling asleep almost every night..


I can still see the smile on his face the last day I saw him.
He surprised me early for my birthday,and took me to dinner.

Now his smile and laughter are but a distant memory, fresh in the front of my mind. His life merely a book I had just read.

...and sometimes when I'm alone,
I can hear him behind me...



"You are my sunshine..
My only sunshine.."





RIP Brett, I'll never be able to bear another night where I can't sleep and you won't be on the other end of the phone..

11/11/93-12/5/11


The author's comments:
Brett may not have been my brother biologically, but he was more of a brother to me than anything.. He was the guy that everyone knew and loved. He played baseball, lacrosse, basketball, and he was in a band that was just taking off in his hometown.. He was an amazing guy and why it happened, I don't know... There's never a day where he isn't missed.. It may be by only me, but that's all he needs to live on... What I would give to see him one more time..