Drowning In Sorrow

That voice that makes you cry,
Makes you think, listen.
Realize how sad life can be.

Listen with a quiet heart.
Let the beats slow.
Slowly calm down so you cannot feel it anymore.
Yours breaths become shallow.
You go deeper and deeper into this trance.

Water flowing overhead slowly you breathe it in,
Take it all in.
No air left,
Not one drop to breathe in,
You breathe a gulp of water.

In those last seconds.
You see all your mistakes,
All your problems,
All your sorrows just sink away.

You are left Free.
Free from sorrow,
Free from frustrations,
Free from life,
Free from all the worldly troubles.

You slipped away,
Away from life,
Now you are gone and your life is flowing peacefully...
Or so you thought.
The truth is you left behind the most important things.
You left love.
You left the ones who care about you most.
You left them hurt,
Bruised,
Beaten,
In tears.
Now all you wish is that you could take it all back.
But you can't.
It's too late.
You are already too far-gone...

Indiewriter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 14, 2012 at 1:16 am
When I read what this poem was about I assumed it would be really intense/ angry. Suprisingly, it was really calm yet still intense. Which is weird because I didn't think something could be both at once.( but i liked it) Anyway, I really do like it, but it is kind of confusing. It's not that I don't understand your words, it's just that I feel like they have at least 3 different interpertations. So that's the only frustrating part is that i don't know which one was intend... (more »)

Ga-GahKayMarie replied...
Aug. 14, 2012 at 8:39 am
Thanks :) Yes it can be confusing and When I say to listen with a quiet heart I am basically giving the image in my head any way of a heart stopping to beat, Im trying to show the pulse slowing etc, its basically an intro for the next line. The different meanings in this poem is what I like about it though, one of the reasons it is my favorite ive written 

Black_Rose_Princess said...
Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:48 am
Hmmm, this was interesting. This had a lot of emotion and it could clearly be felt. But one thing that really stuck out and made the poem a bit confusing was the line "Listen with a quiet heart." After reading that, I thought you were saying something around the lines of ignoring the voice and at first that's what it seems like. And it's not until the end that everything is cleared up. I'm not sure if this is what you were going for, but that was the feel that I got. An... (more »)