If...

If a dog meows,
Is it considered a cat?
If a tree's leaves turn red,
Is it considered autumn?
If a light blinks rapidly,
Is considered to be on?
If a poet writes music,
Is he considered a songwriter?
If someone bangs on a door,
Is it considered knocking?
If, if, if.
If I stop this right here,
Is it considered rude?
If, if, if.
If a watermelon's orange,
Is it considered a cantaloupe?
If, if, if.
If only so many things,
So many wonders,
Can fit into a sentence-
If, if, if.
If friends have a fight,
Are they considered enemies?
Does it matter how they feel?
Or is it just how they're labeled?
If, if, if.
A name is nothing.
If, if, if.
If what's there is truly real.
And if this poem doesn't make any sense,
Then it's a work of art.

AlexanderQ said...
The repetition flows very nice and contributes greatly to the poem. I like the tone and voice you use. Very good! :)  

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:48 am :
Thank you

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Thank you!

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:50 pm :
Loved it.  Very sacrastic and to the point.  And I loved your last line. Very enjoyable to read ^_^

Shortblueeyes224 said...
Outstanding  work!! :)

Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:51 pm :
thank you!

OldYoungOne said...
the sarcastic tone to this poem is actually amsuing. Another favorite of mine out of your pieces

Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:00 pm :
Thank you so much! And I will check out some of your work

remember16 said...
Oct. 18, 2012 at 6:29 am:
i love this poemmm!

MarieAntoinette2012 said...
Sept. 10, 2012 at 10:01 am:
Dude, my head's swimming right now, in a good way. Definitely thought provoking

Sept. 10, 2012 at 5:27 pm :
Thank you!!

ladybugsrock said...
I absolutely am in love with this poem!! You commented on my poem, I would give anything, and your poems are awesome!! You show and describea really good vision in your work. please continue to comment on my othefr work and i will do the same for you!

Sept. 5, 2012 at 8:00 pm :
Thank you! I will check out your other work. Do yoy mind checking out my poems Fishbowl and Sitting Alone?

ladybugsrock replied...
Sept. 5, 2012 at 9:57 pm :
of course! i would love to! i just read sitting alone which is also amazing!!! y and be sure to0 look at mine! ur awesome!! thnks soooo much:)

Sept. 8, 2012 at 7:09 pm :
Thank you! Haha you're awesome too!

Aderes47 said...
I don't get the discrimnation until your comment but I like the fact that the message is that labels don't define who we are, that that isn't the truth. Labels aren't truths, they're just stereotypes.

Aug. 30, 2012 at 5:51 pm :
Thank you. You understood exactly the point I was trying to make.

IMAdreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i love this! especially how it wasn't negative in any way and still talking about discrimination. Many people just say how bad it is but you went with if... plz check out my work rate and Comment?????????????

Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:17 am :
Thank you! I'll be sure and return the favor.

Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:17 am :