Sitting Alone

Sitting alone
In a darkened room.
Knees hugged to my chest,
My breath coming in raw gasps of air.
A tear trickles down my cheek slowly,
Appreciating every second of its journey.

I close my eyes,
The pain is too much to bear.
You left me here.
This is where I saw you last.
Somehow,
I still smell,
The smells of our past.
I smell the lilies
You gave me that night.
The smell is overpowering,
Surrounding me in a deafening circle.
The aroma hurts my nose,
I could taste them in my mouth.
Those lilies you gave me were white-
Like the white of a cloud.
A meaningless, cloud.
Then, the lilies’ perfume was sweet and dainty,
Now the scent haunts me like a devil.

That night we sat here
In this very room.
The night we danced
By the open window.
I can almost feel the chilly breeze
Whispering in my ear, now.
On a night like tonight,
The full moon shines
The only light in the room.
It shines on the wall behind me.
That night was a full moon too.
One of your hands was at my waist,
The other at my shoulder.
The sound of a melody
Playing in the background.
It sounded like a lullaby,
With the rhythm of tip-toe, tip-toe.
I remember laughing at us
Dancing by the open window.
Then you kissed me.

I open my eyes.
Pain is shrieking in my heart,
Thundering in my skull.
Angry bullets dance their way in the pit of my stomach,
Making a dreadful knot appear.
You left me here.
Lilies blur my vision,
And I want to cry,
But I can't remember how.
The scent making me in dizzy,
The pain squeezing me into a tight, small ball.
The moonlight flashing through the open window
A reminder of what happened.
A dreadful, traumatizing reminder.

I want to get up,
Break the window glass,
Ruin and destroy the only evidence of you.
But I forget how.
Everything is slipping away...
Away…
Away…
Where are you?

PargaranThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:23 am:
Wow, that was so intense. What an amazing poem! I could really feel her pain. Great job. :)

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:32 am :
Thank you!

amber603 said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:09 am:
A true piece of pure human emotion, no other words can do it justice, you are an incredible writer and I love your work:)

Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:31 am :
Thank you so much!

xximjustmexx said...
Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:57 pm:
This is so amazing, Im speechless.  I can relate to this perfectly.  I love the emotion that is in this piece.  Amazing job

Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:01 pm :
Thank you so much!

Kparker27 said...
Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:22 pm:
Wow! This was awesome! 

Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:12 pm :
Thank you!

Maveric said...
Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:11 pm:
This poem is incredible i can honestly say that i know how you feen and i can also tell you put youre heart and soul into it amazeing

Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:28 am :
Thank you!

The_Open_Heart said...
Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:22 pm:
This poem and it's meaning is fantastic. It broke my heart, I could feel the emotion. Amazing.

Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:59 pm :
Thank you so much!

LovergirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i really like this  

Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:27 am :
Thank you!

Padoodallee said...
The description and metaphors are what really make this poem fantastic! You should always keep noticing the small details that really grasp the emotion for every poem you write and for every moment in your life. You did a great job!

Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:19 am :
Thank you so much!

AlexanderQThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow this is so descriptive I love it! By the way thanks for reading my story Coffee Shop! I will try to read and comment on all your other poems and hope you could do that for the rest of my stories? Thank you soo much I appreciated the feedback!

Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:45 am :
Thank you! I will

WR1T3RThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow I had to actually catch my breath as I read this. I felt the emotions you were writing about. Absolutely captivating.

Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:35 am :
Thank you!!!