This King

For who will understand thee.
Who walks on waves and destroys shores.
For who will understand the stupid choices that you had made.
For it will not be I who will be punished by your actions.
For i am innocent in many ways.
You prance around loving your riches, soon they will disappear.
You will mourn for the beauty you have lost.
You will cry and beg for them back.
For i will not give them to you.
You throw tantrums.
But i still don't give in.
Nothing will change my mind.
You are a selfish ruler.
A desperate man who needs women to fill his empty bed.
A man who cares for no one.
A man with a dreamless heart.
For you deserve nothing.
You shall get on your knee's and beg for forgiveness that i will not accept.
For you will be striped of your powers, striped from your home.
For your banished , your just a wound.

Robyn_Snow said...
Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:36 am
I like the ending. The last seven lines or so, there's an essence of power in them that makes me smile. I said it out loud a few times to really feel the color in the language and the words.

RandomPoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thank you!

flanny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:47 am
I liked the beginning when you wrote "for who will understand thee who walks on waves but destroys shores." It was a very clever metaphor, and it truly revealed the king's character

Thank you i actually worte this peice in 9th grade for a project but the teach sadly didnt like it so i thought all these years it was just a bad poem. Then last year i read it over and pulled out a movie i watch all the time and realized that it was just like that movie and thats where i got the tone from. I do too like that beginning. thanks again