Worn Pages

I’ve always been a story, hidden behind is cover. A library book so worn and torn that no ones seems to notice. To read my story. I’m tossed, and dropped, and thrown across the covers.
I’ve been cried in to, sneezed in to, and had arguments screamed into. People read my story and stop halfway. you don’t know how many times I’ve heard one say “This is made up, it can’t be true, this is really what happened between me and you?” But then they stop reading, too afraid of what comes next. I get borrowed and put back the next day on a shelf of many others, knowing they can just pick me back up and continue where they were in the story. Yet I don’t induce one tear, one laugh, with no one to create a “happily ever after”.

Always used. Always forgotten. Never read. Just broken.

One day I wish someone would bring me out of the lonely old library. Read my story, and keep reading it. Borrow me with no return.

But I’m just put back on the shelf.

I’m nothing but a library book. I’ve been laughed into, confided too, and whispered beliefs into.

Yet no one seems to notice that underneath the cover is a story.

TennisAndWriting11This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Fabulous :) powerful words, I could feel your emotion. Keep writing :)

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Great job! Fantastic work. Please read, rate, and comment on my poems! Thanks!

livelovesmile replied...
Sept. 13, 2012 at 5:56 pm :
Thank you!(: Will do!

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 18, 2012 at 5:06 pm :
Mind letting me know what you think on my poem "Fishbowl"?