I Miss You

Why do I miss you if I'm the one who left you?

Either way, I miss you.

I miss having you near me,

I miss your hugs, your smile, your eyes, your scent, your laugh.

I miss having someone who will tell me I'm right, no matter what.

I know I caught hell for "stealing" you, but I didn't steal you.

You stole me.

I could've had it all, but I chose to leave.

Now I'm lost, and I'm alone, with nobody to hold me.

But that's all my fault.

You said you'd never leave me. You didn't.

I chose to leave.

I chose to give up all the good I found when I was with you, because even though I knew I could trust you,

I knew that I loved you,

I couldn't let myself trust you or love you.

I ruined one of the best things I ever had, just because I couldn't trust.

I know there were bad parts too, losing my friends for a time.

I didn't want to hurt anyone, but I did.

I hurt me, but more importantly, I hurt you by being to shy to tell you the truth.

Too broken inside to let myself love you, miss you, and trust you. So, though you may never see this,

I love you. I trust you. I miss you.

Dreamer4EVERThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 4 at 7:13 am
okay that was beautiful not creepy; everyone can relate to this whether it was a relationship or not everybody feels regret; really enjoyed reading it :)

ZJcancelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 4 at 8:42 am
you are right same with me i'm in an awesome relationship but it has its fault but i love him

meleavvelenataThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 8:05 am
@Dreamer4EVER Maybe the poems beautiful, but the person who inspired my teenage self to write it... *shudders* I had bad taste. But thanks. I'd post more of my new stuff on here, but then it becomes their property, and I'd really like to get formally published. *fingers crossed* @ZJcancel No relationship is perfect, as much as we may wish they were. Thanks for reading!

Dreamer4EVERThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 2:32 pm
very understandable and i hope to be reading your formally published work good luck :) p.s. I have the same hope to get formally published in other words I'm almost finished with a novel that i will be sending in for publishers wish me luck "fingers crossed"