Respect | Teen Ink

Respect

July 16, 2012
By HalleeeeeBerry BRONZE, Colonial Heights, Virginia
HalleeeeeBerry BRONZE, Colonial Heights, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game"


Ever see a blind person complain that he cannot see?
Ever hear a hear person complain that he cannot hear?
Ever listen to a dumb person complain that he cannot speak?
No?
Well may that's because you sit here with the ability to do all three things and you're the one complaining about your life.One day you should try thinking about what you have and the abilities that you can use. Because one day you may lose the ability to do something, like eating, talking, or even remembering. You're going to lose something, then look back and wish you had appreciated it while you had it in your grasp. Rethink your life and who you are on this day and give thanks for what you have because one day you might not have it. I bet the blind, deaf, and dumb thank god everyday that they have the ability to do something, to still live. Now it's your turn, so stop complaining.


The author's comments:
I wrote this because i look at some people and the way they live. some don't appreciate what they have till it's gone. when they should have been appreciating it all along.