Temptation

Sweet are his words that hover around me. Flirting in a slow melody all his own, only for him to gift to me, a love so pronouncedly swayed by the tongue of his murmuring accent.
Caressing me like his breath tickling my cheeks,
His words, a sin for thy heart. Luring me in as moonlight to a flower inviting it to open it's petals to sing beauty!
Oh how is words bend to my every desire! His love he promises to give. Mine to behold a heart worthy of such love he so desperately clings to, as tears to unimaginable sorrow! Only his love could vanquish!
In return, my heart so swooned, his to hold. With promises he wishes to full fill if only I will be his. And his only!
Waiting for me to fall under his spell so nothing not even the tiniest hint that he might betray my love, my heart!
But his words, his words, sweet as the first taste of honey on a child's tongue, mean nothing more then to the temptation he presents in return of his meaning less promises.
His to keep, mine to wonder, words to be said with little meaning to lift them. Leaving me with the only thing he ever wanted.
Temptation.

ChrisJ This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This piece is actually one of the first pieces that I read when I first started uploading poems and short stories onto this website, and I just want to say that i really like it! It is very well written and has great imagery and wonderful descriptions throughout! Please read some of my pieces too!

Allicat001 said...
I love the description of your protagonist's feelings and the imagery throughout, very well written.  My only suggestion would be to space your sentences out into separate lines and stanzas to make the poem easier to read, otherwise great job! :)