Home Is

home is the place where you don’t advert your eyes

it’s where no matter how lost you are,
you don’t have to worry about getting back

it’s where you can look at the sky to see if it’s going to rain
and not mind that you forgot an umbrella

it’s where when people smile,
their mouths don’t always move

home is the place where the air smells right

RolledthestoneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:33 am:
Last line was perfect. I always notice the smells of other ppls houses but not mine becuz I'm so used to it.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:29 am:
It is a beautiful poem, though I think in the second line you meant to say "avert" not advert....just a typo I think ...Oh and LOVE the last line...beautiful... :)))))

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:04 pm :
I didn't even notice that. :O. Thanks for pointing it out. :) Haha and I'm glad you liked the last line; it was actually the only idea I had for this poem for quite some time. 

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:12 am :
You're welcome!

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:49 pm:
Oh my gosh. I have CHILLS right now, I relate to this soooo much, on a level you don't even know. Thank you so much for putting this into words what I feel, lol, you are amazingly talented.

Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:29 pm :
  By now you must be annoyed by my hundreds of “thank you”’s haha. But I will say it again: This means a ton! I was so worried this would be too random for people, so it is such a relief that you were able to relate. :)

nmk1128 replied...
Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:59 pm :
I really like the last line the best it's so silly and simple, but it's profoundly true haha

Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:57 pm :
Thank you! I'm glad you like it :)