Lost Love | Teen Ink

Lost Love

By AbbyJ BRONZE, Warm Springs, Georgia
AbbyJ BRONZE, Warm Springs, Georgia

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.

Those six words is something which seemed to change my life. I kept a secret inside me for what seemed like forever. Scarcity weighed heavy joining nerves. Until that day, that once in a lifetime feeling that brought Happiness and love into my life. All emotions of horrid pain and sober faded, all i felt was excitement. I thought it would last forever but to me nothing good last forever. I would always fill thoughts of "him" in my head. People would always tell me that i was to good for him or i could do better. All those words washed over me, i didn't care what people thought. I knew he was the one. People would always say young love never last only one in a million chances. I knew i would be that one in a million. I thought we would last. Until that day came. That day that nobody wants. I wanted it to go right past me but in essence air doesn't always go right past you, it goes through you when you breathe. He said he just wanted to be friends, he said it was nothing i did. That's what they all say. I walked away thanking him for making my life better. Words that i let pass by me filled my head, one in a million chances and young love never lasts.