Feather Plucking

Pluck my breast bare
Tear out my hair
Preen to quiet the need
For coveted touch
Preen because it hurts
It hurts so much
Eyes turning to the frayed strand
Looking for pain
I'll make myself understand
But I have to look away
I have to tilt my head
And pluck my breast
Pull out feathers
To fill my empty nest
I need to line
The confines of my loneliness
With molted softness

theloverofbooks said...
Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:02 pm:
Again, like I said in your other poem, the emotion here is so raw and blatant, and here your voice demands attention even more. The way your words flow together is beautiful; I especially loved the ending: "Pull out feathers/ To fill my empty nest/ I need to line/ The confines of my loneliness/ with molted softeness." Wow. Just... wow.

OldYoungOneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:15 pm:
When I read your poetry I always imagine hearing someone slowly speak it aloud. It flows over like music in to my ears (or in my brain) and I am taken into a dream. Wonderful job in expression.

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:03 pm:
This is really quite powerful. I like the intelligent simplicity of your writing style. There is something very raw about it, but I can also tell that a lot of thought went in to writing it. In addition, I think you were able to get your point across very clearly. When I read this, I felt like I was there with you. Having struggled with a similar problem, I can honestly say that (at least for me) the feeling that you captured was almost inescapable. This is the sort of poem that forces one to em... (more »)

MumfordandSons27 said...
Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:33 pm:
I really enjoyed this. I had to read it several times to fully understand it. Keep writing, your poetry is beautiful (: