Our Wedding Day

“Will you marry me?” asked Aiden Grey.
And what else could I say?
Of course nothing other than: “I will.”
And you can’t wait until
Our big wedding day,
On a sunny day in May.
Our first kiss
I would never miss.
One gorgeous bride,
And everyone cried.
Then emotion swells.
Here, sing wedding bells.
There flies the dove,
Away with our love.
The love we share,
And I know you care.
Man, that night.
What a sight?
And people say, “Here be dragons.”
And I say, “Those are legends.”

CTS207 said...
Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:51 pm:
Well done, deep with rhyme and meaning, though confusing since I do not know who Aiden Grey is. But beyond that this deserves a 5 out of 5.

Ginga-NingaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:25 pm :
Thank you for reading it. Aiden Grey is a book character who's adorable, I didn't mean to have him in it. His name just happened to fit nicely in the poem. Thank you again. 

WrittenEmotions said...
Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:27 pm:
THIS IS SOOO GOOD!!!!

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great jon. (: I like this, but if you're going to have a rhyme scheme, it needs to be consistent throughout the piece. Great job!

Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:14 pm :
hey jetta, it was for school i had to do it as the teacher told me to, not as i pleased.... sadly.... well thanks for the advice and thanks for the reading/rating. Ginger.

Ruby-Paige-Rose said...
This poem is so adorable. It made me smile:)

-Ginger-This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:17 am:
ok to explain "here be dragons" problems in getting married arise in the first year so the dragons represent the problems of the future, but they are legends because they will be happy together. THANKS GUYS! thought i would clear that up quick...