Using Words This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

She and I chat. Lightly.
The sentences are fluffed
like cotton-candy clouds;
they are
what we want to hear.
The conversation floats over our heads,
and words
slide from our mouths.

Then, she
opens her mouth too wide
and words
spill
out, the wrong ones.
Her eyes don't change as
the flying words sink
as if they were tied to
boulders.

She picks up a napkin to wipe off the
last phrase
that has begun to dribble down her chin.
She plucks the last
poison-words
from her lips.

“No offense.”

Kat1712 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I absolutley LOVE the use of cacophony in this poem. You are a fantastic writer, and I know this moment all too well. Thank you for putting it into words.

AriShine This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:33 am
I'm so happy you enjoyed this! Thank you!

StephanieRoro This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like this. I loved your use of imagery. The last line is really powerful, because I think we have all heard that one before, am I right? 
"No offense" yeah right. 
I also liked the way you said, "She picks up a napkin to wipe off the last phrase that has begun to dribble down her chin." That's really great. Really. Thanks for sharing. =)

Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:08 am
Thanks for the feedback, it means a lot! I'm happy you enjoyed my piece :)

O. said...
You capture the truth so beautifully. I really like the last stanza and the imagery you used there. Keep it up, and keep writing. :)

Thank you so much for your positive feedback; it means a lot!

InkWriter13 said...
Astounding work on this. You have a way with words, most definitely! Wow. :) 5 stars

Thank you so much! Your feedback is greatly appreciated.