Your Goodbye | Teen Ink

Your Goodbye

By Staystrong13 PLATINUM, Royse City, Texas
Staystrong13 PLATINUM, Royse City, Texas

"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." -T.S. Eliot

I’ve always been guarded, held down by my pride, stubborn will, and my fighting side; taking nothing for granted.

Until you walked threw the door I thought I had it all, my family and close friends that know me for who I am, a girl who guards herself from harm but is fun to know.

I was always told to speak my mind, to let my voice be heard, never be afraid and that I shouldn’t care what others think and to never be too prideful.

You changed it all; my perspective of my world is brand new.

I am still me, but when you are near it is near impossible to breathe.

My heart sometimes races, and sometimes it stops all together, and all you have to do is walk into the room.

We say “Hello” but most times that is all that we exchange.

You smile a slightly crooked smile, and you crinkle your nose when you laugh. Your eyes light up and darken with you mood and when you laugh the room comes to life.

Details that go unnoticed by most, but I take each one in as if it were a priceless emerald.

Like the way you sing to yourself, the way you bring an instrument to life or your stupid jokes that no one ever seems to get.

I know all this yet I don’t know your favorite band or favorite color.

But you have a great personality and caring heart.

Soon you will be gone forever, you will not come back here because all of your friends are with you, where ever you are.

You will never know my feelings because of my fear and my stupid stubborn pride.

We have known each other forever but we never really talked.

You have your friends and I have mine.

When you leave I will put on a brave face and swallow every ounce of pain that comes with your departure.

My heart will mend in the time that seems like forever.

So this is “Goodbye”, my friend, and good luck with your life and newly found freedom.

Take care my love and I bid thee adieu.