Can You Remember? | Teen Ink

Can You Remember?

June 13, 2012
By Boogaleaf GOLD, Hamburg, New York
Boogaleaf GOLD, Hamburg, New York
10 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.


Can you think back to those long nights of sitting at the ocean side? Climbing small mountains of jagged rocks to be rewarded with salty wind in your face and the orange glow of the setting sun reflected in the crashing waves. Can you see the marsh land on the other side of the dirt road? The blues and oranges and purples reflected in the water, dotted with tall stalks of grass. Can you hear the songs of birds that have long since flown away to their treetop sanctuaries for the night? Can you imagine the owls inconspicuously taking their place? Can you feel your bare feet sinking in the soft, sun-warmed sand as we walk, hand-in-hand, down from the rocky hills to the smooth shore line? Can you picture the view as we look out, the golden orange sky and the grayish-blue barren plain that is the ocean, merging together to form an everlasting wall of pure beauty? Can you still taste the salt on my lips as you took my breath away? Can you sense my desire to return to that hidden sanctuary? Can you grasp my need of being free to roam the shallow ocean floor? Can you take me there, just once more?