Gift of Life | Teen Ink

Gift of Life

By Gollum BRONZE, Howell, Michigan
Gollum BRONZE, Howell, Michigan

Always continue the climb. It is possible for you to do whatever you choose, if you first get to know who you are and are willing to work with a power that is greater than ourselves to do it.
Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Today was one of those days that just fly past you. You don’t even know what’s going on. Like a breeze flowing past you. You are just trying to get through the day, not paying any attention anything, or anybody around you. Everything passes like a blur. A rock watching the seasons pass, not minding the weather, the scowls, the rudeness, the people. You are just enduring the year until it ends. And then the next year is the same. The next year will be the same as this year, and so will the next. Until one day, your life is turned around by someone or something special. There is a special reason, a special time, a special day. Then you will notice life isn’t so bad. You had to endure those years in able to receive the real meaning of life. Life isn’t about trying to get through the days until the end, life is enjoying your gift the God has given you, your own gift that nobody else has. Nobody else has the same life as you. Feel proud that you were rewarded life, and live up to your gift that God gave you. Make him feel happy that he has chosen the right gift for you. Enjoy life.