Jonah This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I once tried to run away from God; I wanted to escape
his burning gaze, burning with wisdom and fire and compassion.
But the ocean is bigger than I, and all the waves and breakers
whipped across my fragile heart and passed over
my crumbling bones, until all that remained was a leaping fire
reaching for its source

Sarah S. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very powerful, I really love this  :) 

ThePoetess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:38 pm:
This makes me want to run to and from God at the same time. Absolutely breathtaking. If you have more poems, or anything at all, please put it on the site! I'd love to read them!!

Katie-jo said...
Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:15 pm:

This is so good, it should be inserted in everyone's Bibles! Yeah, this is really awesome! I loved it!

Please check out some of my writing when you get around to it!

InkWriter13 said...
Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:40 pm:
Superb writing. Absolutely beautiful. It speaks with such conviction and clarity. I know that it is cheesy, but I was holding my breath. Anyway, this is truly insightful and rings with intense power. Wow, wow, wow. Add to favs. 5 stars. Would you please comment on my work titled Contemplative Beaches and Humanity's Saving Grace? I would love to hear your take on them!! :)

rrruthie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:13 pm:
Very powerful, which I believe has much to do with how concise you are--it's a wonderful length. Considering how short it is though, I question the repition of burning in an otherwise amazing piece! 

ChelleLynn This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:21 pm:
Whoa that is powerful stuff.