Apathy

She stared beyond the soul of her teacher, letting the sands of time slowly drain away. Her cold, pale face showed no emotion, like a purged husk left in abandonment. She set aside her worked and drowned in the melancholy melodies of her music. “It’s just another F” is quietly stated out of her frowning pink lips as the cast out assignment slowly descended to the frigid linoleum floor.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
"She stared beyond the soul of her teacher..." I love that line more than I can put into words. Sometimes that's how I feel when I make eye contact with my cat.. that must sound weird, but it's like he's looking into the depth of my soul. I hope that doesn't make me look like a freak. I love the word choices in here, they are amazing. The whole last sentence was great, it hit me hard for some reason, it made me feel everything she must be feeling. It was sort of eery to... (more »)