Unreasonable Love | Teen Ink

Unreasonable Love

June 2, 2012
By Tiffany Wellington BRONZE, Brownsville, Tennessee
Tiffany Wellington BRONZE, Brownsville, Tennessee
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I've been giving you my all for so long; I'm starting to wonder if this is where I belong. This love roller coaster has been rolling up and down for too long; it's time for it to take a rest and move on. People that's on the outside looking in think that we are meant to be; But they don't know the struggles we go through, I'm dying inside but it's hard for them to see. Tears that I cry seem to never matter to you, I deserve better than to put up with the things you do. This love is unreasonable. My love is being taken advantage of. It's time to take a stand and show the world what it really means to love. The way you act is making it hard, hard to even love you like I use to. Why am I still trying? I can't put up with this much longer, but everyday it's something. You don't love me like you should...This love is unreasonable.


The author's comments:
I wrote this poem 2 hours before Valentine's Day. Basically, I was feeling like I was wasting my time with a certain person. I needed to write out how I felt at the time. I hope people will get out of this that you shouldn't waste your time on someone that doesn't deserve you. Move on with your life and be happy.