What is Love? | Teen Ink

What is Love?

June 4, 2012
By Nashbash25 BRONZE, Hartford, Connecticut
Nashbash25 BRONZE, Hartford, Connecticut
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Love is According to the Dictionary

1.profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

2.a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.

3.passion or desire.

4.a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.

5.(used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?

6.a love affair; an intensely amorous incident; amour.

7.intercourse; copulation.

8.( initial capital letter ) a personification of affection, as Eros or Cupid.

9.affectionate concern for the well-being of others: the love of one's neighbor.

10.strong predilection, enthusiasm, or liking for anything: her love of books.

11.the object or thing so liked: The theater was her great love.

12.the benevolent affection of God for His creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to God.

13.Chiefly Tennis . a score of zero; nothing.

14.a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter L.

15.to have love or affection for: All her pupils love her.

16.to have a profoundly tender, passionate affection for (another person).

17.to have a strong liking for; take great pleasure in: to love music.

18.to need or require; benefit greatly from: Plants love sunlight.

19.to embrace and kiss (someone), as a lover.

20.to have intercourse with.

Love
Love
Love


To my mother love is, a way to express love in different forms.

Every one of us has a different definition of what love is. To me Love is when you care about someone and they are very important to you. For example:
I love my mom
I love my sister
I love my bestfriend
I love my hair...

My boyfriend told me he loved me for the first time when we were dating for about 2 weeks. I had never said it before. But it would slip. I would have to say I lo...like you baby. And when he said it I couldn’t bring myself to say it back. I thought it was too early.

Which it was

All those nights before going to sleep he’d say

I love you

And i’d say

I really like you

And I did. I really did like him.

At about two months I said it. I told my boyfriend that I loved him.

And I did. I really did love him.

He didn’t expect it. And that doesn’t surprise me since I didn’t expect it to come out either. I said I love you right after we said our goodnights. And he hung up and I didn’t know what was going to happen. I didn’t know how he felt. I didn’t know what was going to happen. But he called me, about a minute back saying he loved me too. And every night after that we didn’t go to sleep before saying that to each other.

But now the next problem comes.

At some point I think I stopped feeling that same way he felt about me. My feeling were decreasing with more of the time that I didn’t communicate with him. An was feeling alone because at about 5 months of our relationship he wasn’t able to communicate with me and I ended up cheating with my first love. I told him and I actually noticed that I did love him because I begged him to stay with me and cried for him.

For the whole night

He took me back. But a problem I noticed was that toward the end I didn’t care If he left me or stayed with me. I was going to be okay. And I found that I didn’t care at all. If in the end he didn’t forgive me, I was going to get over it.

And move on.

The thing is he was a good kid. I could tell he loved me and wanted to be with me but he also had things that … well. Ticked me off
Sometimes he insulted me and meant for me to laugh it off. Not
He would tell me to shut up and then he got mad when I would talk
He sometimes never talked on the phone. And when he did talk it was to someone else.
He would be so distracted playing video games or doing who knows what on the other side.
He wouldn’t really try to come and see me. If he asked to come and see me and they said no, he wouldn’t beg, he’d just keep on moving.
So many little things.
So if it didn’t work out...oh well.

Now about a week shy from seven months. I realize the reason why I stay with him is not only because I love him because I really do I care about him and don’t want anything bad to happen to him but, i’ve been with him for so long, for you know a high school relationship, i’m just too da** lazy to go out and find myself another one. Because even though people talk about that great ‘single life’ I personally I rather be with that one guy that will make me feel great and make me feel special.

I thought about leaving him a dozen of times. And I actually was able to do it but in the end he would convince me not to. He would plead me to stay with him. And I just couldn’t and I stayed. But not too long ago he brought up a topic that was all so dreadful. He told me he was in love with me.

And now another topic arises.

Am I in love with him?