Heart On My Sleeve

Our souls are strong
But our hearts are weak

One love to the next
Our hearts fall in love
But we don't wear them on our sleeve
Our soul knows when the love is not to be

And so when our hands lock
And my heart does not show on my sleeve
I'm sorry hun but you're not the one for me

Not to be rude
I'm truly sorry to say
But we'll both find someone better one day

Our souls are strong
But our hearts are weak

I'll know when I'm really in love
And have found my meant to be

When my soul puts my heart on sleeve

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like the beginning very much, although I feel the last couple stanzas are quite choppy and random. I think it could be a fantastic poem. Please read, rate, and comment on my poems! Thanks!

youngspeare said...
Aug. 26, 2012 at 5:51 am:
well from what you've put about yourself I think if you want to make a career of writing..i think you're quite a good writer but you can do waay better! I think this poem starts off amazing but idk towards the end I just don't see the amazing i saw at the start..if that makes sense. And hope you are not offended. 
Please check out my poem Ghosts of the Past i would love your feedback so please leave a comment. 
And again no offense.. peace.... (more »)

Indilove replied...
Aug. 26, 2012 at 12:29 pm :
No offense taken! I appreciate it!!!! I'll definatly take a look at your poems thx so much!!! :)

Indilove replied...
Aug. 26, 2012 at 12:29 pm :

AriShineThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:40 am:
This is so cute! I love this poem! Keep up the good work!

Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:40 am:

Indilove replied...
Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:58 pm :
Thank you!!!!!