If My Pillow Could Speak

If my pillow could speak,
Oh, the things it would say!
Being crushed to my chest
And cried into each day.
It would talk of the stains
That mark its soft linen;
The tears that had made them,
The state I had been in.

It'd recall all the stories
I'd mumbled and sighed
Of insults and sneers
Heard at school
And online.
It would tell of the sadness,
Inform of the pain,
And how I had shattered--
Again
And again.

It'd share my true anguish,
And my mask, worn to hide it.
The want
To
Give
In,
The endeavors to fight it.

I'm sure it would wonder
Why so many are meek;
It would say,
“Stand up. . .”
If my pillow could speak.

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:12 pm:
so true! i dont even know what kind of crap my pillow would have to say...i guess thats why they call it pillow talk haha. fantastic poem, the rhythm is awesome

Padfoot507This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:32 pm :
Haha exactly! Thanks for reading :)

albinotiger said...
Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:40 am:
wow u took a great idea to create and Fabulous poem! it is creative true and relateable !! keep up the good work :D

705toofdaPThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:10 pm :
Thanks albino! Your feedback is seriously appreciated! :D

Vesperstar123This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:01 am:
This is so beauitfully written. My pellow has my secrets, and keeps my emotions too. Thanks so much for sharing!!! Please ever stop writing, because you obviously have talent!

Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:51 am :
thanks so much, vesper! It really means a lot! :)

KestrelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 6, 2012 at 5:28 pm:
OH wow, this is awesome Pad. I love it. Really, our pillow do take the brunt of our emotions, huh? Thank god they can't speak.

Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:50 am :
gee thanks kes :) and they really do! Thank god indeed XD