Perfectionism | Teen Ink

Perfectionism

By writergirl16 BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky
writergirl16 BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky

“Being FEARLESS isn't being 100% Not FEARFUL, it's being terrified but you jump anyway...”
― Taylor Swift

Have you ever seen this demon?
This is the demon who unknowingly comes around.
This is the demon that whispers, "It's not okay to be wrong."
This is the demon that causes sleepless nights
This is the demon that causes planned out conversations before they even happen.
This is the demon who picks apart your thoughts one by one
This is the demon who mocks you as you look at a grade wondering what went wrong.
This is the demon who mocks you when you cry for doing something wrong, spitting at you, calling you a baby.
This is the demon that scorns the wrong and the right about you.
This is the demon that puts up walls and destroys your life.
This is the demon that ruins lives with one word... perfect.
This is the demon that makes you stand in front of the mirror criticizing your body.
This is the demon who turns into you.
If you see this demon.... well that's up to you.
You can run towards him, thinking perfect is okay.
Or you can run the other way towards the road that says living your life.

For as long as I can remember I've dealt with the issue of trying to be perfect. That issue has effected every area in my life, both good and bad. Part of the reason is due to my analytical nature. I pull apart everything I say and do and think. I've slowly been getting over it.

DanielM SILVER said...
DanielM SILVER, Kent, Washington

"I would rather hated million times for what i did then loved a million times for what i didn't do." - Daniel Moto
" I've sought out to be the best i could posibly be but when i hit a roadblock in life what did i do, i had two choices either stay at the roadblock or i take this roadblock and make of it and go around it and achieve my goal. So, what will it be?"- Daniel Mathia

"People take love like its a four letter word or just a phrase that you tell people or your friends all the time. But in reality love is much bigger than a merely phrase or 4 letter word. Instead love is a genuine promise or covenant to that special person."-Daniel Mathia

“Why change yourself when you were made perfect and wonderfully by the creator of everything?” – Daniel Mathia

“If live is not hurtin then were really not living in.” – B. Reith

Great poem. I really like your emotion. I can relate to this too.

TraceBatWingsAndBrokenStrings DIAMOND, Oshkosh, Wisconsin

"This gun has stopped time in its tracks, has altered the course of our fate. Destiny is shattered and timeless. Closed eyes feel the cold winds embrace."
-Avenged Sevenfold

I actually love this piece. I normally don't give out 5 Stars, but this one just plain deserves it. Fantastic.