grandparents house | Teen Ink

grandparents house

By poop13 BRONZE, Oromond, Florida
poop13 BRONZE, Oromond, Florida

My anticipation for this evening is building To see everyone’s faces once again is presenting its self like a thunderstorm in the Midwest Opening the door to your classically apple smelling dome you call home Seeing my aunts and uncles gleaming faces of contempt ant , and laughter brings me a sense of refuge form the outside of the window, called reality. When I make my way over to you two, my heart grows twice its size. Like the appetizer on the coffee table fresh and warm form the stove my eyes get warm with delight. When we stand to say are prayer before are fish fry dinner, I look up at you two before I bow my head and cherish every word spoken, and ponder how thankful I am to have grandparents and a family like this.

this is about my families cookouts, whether its for a birthday or just to see each other, we are a very close knit family and all live int he same town. even tho are life can be hectic, i think its always right to remember who you are and who you come form and cherish your elders.