three thoughts in may This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

cutting off the head to spite
the heart.

when I wake at noon the light
hurts my eyes but I stare it
down anyway. Just to tell it
what for. What am I for?
Too many versions of me
What I am is not what you
want what you
think me to be.

I have a week to get dressed before I
show the world my brand-new shiny game face.
Came
out of hiding a while back but I still feel
I'm missing the ceremony.
What will you do with your crown? I want
to see you use it.
I want to see you grab
in your able hands the world and caress
the blood into our cheeks again.
I know the lives you'll save; you
saved mine.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the beginning: "cutting off the head to spite/ the heart." Immeadiately an attention grabber. And the end: "I know the live you'll save; you/ saved mine." This is goind to be with me the whole entirity of this day.

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I remember writing that first line. I was so damned proud of it, I spent the whole day just letting it rest in my head, swishing it around like a marble in my mouth, until it was smooth and shiny and tasted like metal. And THEN I wrote my poem.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
That first line is everything about this poem. So essentail. Not sure why my email just said you replied to this, when it seems like you commented on it ages ago. Teenink. So weird sometimes. ^u^