why should it matter? | Teen Ink

why should it matter?

By Brace4impact SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Brace4impact SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

"we share the same story, just a different he"
"through stained glass it's almost like we're unusual, not indifferent, not unrepairable"
"as they glanced as one another, ther eyelids dripped with love"
"live life fearless" -shayla Thompson

Why should it matter what makes us happy. Why should it matter if we find comfort in the arms of the same sex or the opposite sex? A Lot of people say it's against the bible, I'm sure god cares more about how you treat people other then who you lay in bed with. Everyone has the right to be happy. Love has no gender, no race, and no face. Love is an emotion that we all feel inside so why should it matter if it's between the same sex. It shouldn't matter what others do in the privacy of their own home. As a 15 year old girl I think you shouldn't let anyone tell you what your doing is wrong. Be who you want to be. Don't let anyone say your nasty or wrong for what you like. Never let someone change you, because your unique and you deserve to be happy. So, why should it matter if the goal in life is to be happy?

What inspired me? The hate in today's society. Mostly everyone hates gay people and I find it to be wrong to judge someone based on race, gender, or sexuality. Everyone deserves to be happy. Gay, straight, bisexual, or transsexual, it shouldn't matter