The Sound of Failling Rain

Its so lovely.
If I could coat the entire world with rain I would.
Not heavy rain, but not a drizzle either.
Just enough to soak the world and make the streets perpetually shine with droplets.
And the sounds of rain everywhere would make it seem like something is always on the verge of beginning~
The end wouldn’t be coming but rather the start of something calm and collected.
Something drenched by the sound of rain falling all around us.
We would drown in that sound but we would love that feeling of being enveloped by such a vast, and great impossible thing.
Who would have thought?
Water falling from the sky.

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:42 pm
This poem was fascinating for me to read. I myself moved a few years ago from San Mateo to Seattle, the city where the rain never stops. I remember how much I used to love rain and the weighty sweetness of anticipation for something new that fell with the droplets. Here, the sound of rain to me is monotonous, ugly, and depressing. With my family planning to move back to the Bay Area this summer, I could not be more anxious to finally escape the rain. Interesting to contrast two perspectives....