Can we make it?

Broken tears wet hearts
Always close but worlds apart
Blood stained faces
Injured faces

Can we make it?

Hot wind gushing Cold sun shining
Adults weeping Children whining

Can we make it?

Water still never flowing
Soldiers Moving, Rowing
Across the pool to the other side
Were families lay with there pride

We made it!

Care_Btvs said...
I love this  

JadesBoy-Hiroshi-Yatsu-Chugi said...
Nov. 2, 2012 at 8:56 am:
this speaks to me in a personal way.whenever my father was deployed over seas,i always wondered when he would come back. then when i finally swa him again,i would rush and give him a huge hug( for i was around 4-6 years old).i never wanted to see him leave again. but now,it is my turn to share the duty of helping to protect this great country of ours,i just hope it wont be as hard for my children as hard as it was for me

TraceSinAndBones This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 30, 2012 at 6:42 am:
This reminds me of a piece I wrote, and as such, I like this one. No one writes about things like this anymore, so it's nice to see this. Good job.

BlackTalonMC said...
Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:22 am:
I also love it, especially the "Blood stained faces, Injured faces" and "Hot wind gushing, Cold sun shining"

-QUEENCOURT-neyElaine replied...
Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:25 am :
Thank you :) hehe 

Roselove445This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 11, 2012 at 2:50 am:
i love it  its short and simple and good i love it

CourtneyElaine replied...
Jun. 11, 2012 at 2:55 am :
thanks hun, i dont think it makes much sense but it is ment to be disjointed and confusing so thats a good thing i guess. Did you get the meaning behind it?