Secrets

With a heart of gold
and eyes that searched deep beyond the surface
she touched your mind without making a sound
and she spoke words that would melt in your hands
and sang melodies that would dance in your soul
and you wished you could somehow return the magic
but as fast as she came, she always went
back to the place only she knew
the place you would never guess
so it hit you heavily
more than you anticipated
when she never came back
and only then did you recall the times that
her smile didn’t quite reach her eyes.

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:02 pm:
I. Love. This. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed it all the way through, but it was really the last line that got me. I mean, wow. Your descriptions are very powerful, and your writing has a very natural flow to it. Plus, I love love love that you managed to say something totally unexpected with this. Great work! 

Mashley310 said...
I really enjoyed reading this! I especially enjoyed some of the figurative language at the beginning, specifically the idea of words melting in your hands. :-)

Untouchable-Summer replied...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 3:48 pm :
Aw thank you :)

freetoloveJesusThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 6, 2012 at 3:21 pm:

wow, this is really great. im glad i read this, it was really great! keep writing always!

forever and always, Alexis Mccown

Shmelmo said...
May 28, 2012 at 7:44 pm:
This was really cool. My favorite was the ending - only then did you recall the times that her smile didn't quite reach her eyes. What was your story behind it? 

Untouchable-Summer replied...
Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:59 pm :
Thanks so much! & I want to leave it open for interpretation, but I was thinking of someone who struggled with depression but no one could tell from the outside.