Friend of an Under-Valued Poet

I.
My compliments to the editor,
Or the editors,
As the case may be:

You who sit at a computer,
Tireless, I imagine;
Sometimes drone-like;
Zombie-stare at a glowing screen.

I imagine you
Far-reaching as the world’s largest spider
With access to the world’s largest web,
Sifting through virtual piles of weightless paper,
Like slithering mountains of winking coal

II.
Every once in a while,
A ray of piercing light gleams
From your pile of variably graded coal,
A ray of light that sears the eyes and penetrates the heart,
Bringing feeling to a numb mind,
Melting the ice of hum-drummery.

To this ray of light you assign a minuscule,
Red,
Check mark,
But in reality
-At least, I think:
It represents heart.

III.
My compliments to the editor,
My thanks to you,
For the care you take,
For the work you do.
My compliments to the editor,
Friend of many an undervalued poet.
My compliments to the editor,
Before, you’d never have known it.

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:18 am:
Ah, yes, the Editors certainly do deserve many a well-deserved thanks from time to time :)

ShahiroThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like this, credit is often not given where it should be, and given where it should not..... ps. please check out my work (read rate comment - the whole shabang) thanks!!!   : D

IamtheshyStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:20 pm :
Diola lle Shahiro, to be sure, to be sure. I most certainly will check out your work, thanks for asking :)

In_Love_with_WritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is really good. It was nice to read :) Can you rate and comment some of my work?

Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:08 pm :
Thank you :)  I'd love to check out your work!  

Aderes47 said...
I totally get where you are coming from!    I love this by the way, shifting through the internet like coal... so true, we're trying to find diamonds in the rough, eh? Like you and raven! :)

Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:09 pm :
Haha, thanks for the comment Aderes :)  Actually, Raven is, in a way, the subject of this poem :D 

DanielM said...
This is an awesome poem. I bet your friend must be so happy. I really like this. Great Details.

Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:20 pm :
Awww, thank you :D