One Lucky Day

My ninth grade year my school was planning a field trip to Cedar Point. We had been preparing for months, and had received the permission slips one week before the trip. Every time I would ask my mom about it she would say “I’m going to have the money ready for you.” She would try to get the money from my grandmother, but when she did my grandmother would reply “I’ll have it when I get my check or when I go to bingo.” I would always know that she would never have it.
Usually after my mom paid the bills, we would go grocery shopping and buy anything else we needed. Instead of buying useless things she called me to her room and said “Here, all I have is twenty dollars, use this for Cedar Point.” That wasn’t enough but I held it for a few days, and she told me that she would ask my grandmother again. The next day when I came home from school, I took the garbage out. When I walked to the can I noticed something on the ground. I didn’t pay any attention to it so I walked away. As I was walking away I noticed it blowing in the grass, so I walked back over to it and saw it was a $50 bill. I picked it up and ran into the house, and went directly to my mom’s room. I told her what I had found, and then she signed my permission slip. The trip was the next day, I paid as soon as I got to school. When I got to Cedar Point I rode almost every ride there except for two.