My Relationship with my Brother | Teen Ink

My Relationship with my Brother

By BeDifferenTIA BRONZE, Sterling, Virginia
BeDifferenTIA BRONZE, Sterling, Virginia

"If you dont dont satnd for something, You will fall for anything"

My relationship with my brother is like an old Tupac rap; a harsh background behind the song, but beautifully put together to create a message.

Starts off violent wishing for the old days, but somehow we tend to escape our craze.

The hook comes in strong reminding us of hope, a new beginning, showing us our angel whose love is never ending.

Verse Two: We are questioning what would have been, what should have been, now every-things a mess again. We're fighting because now we just don't know why we cant look to the sky without shedding a tear. Screaming. Cursing. Its all from fear.

The Hook comes back once again, same old words, but even more intense. It comes into view, into view with no time to reminisce. It's going to be easier. No. No. It's a lie. It's because we can't look to the sky.

Finally the last verse. No need to practice, no need to rehearse. It's the final moment, moment of truth. Give us a sign, what to do. But we don't do, we listen. Listen and Silent have the same letters for a reason. No more trying to figure out who, what, why. We're silent and we listen to the angel in the sky.

What inspired me to write this piece, was a prompt given to me from my teacher in my Creative Writing class. The prompt was to describe a relationship between you and another person using figurative language. Well I chose my brother, because out of our 4 siblings, me and him have the hardest time coping with our mother's death. I used a Tupac song to describe us because the famous rapper always has a method behind his madness. even though what he is rapping about is violent or unethical, there is always a story behind it.