Hold On A Little Bit Longer. | Teen Ink

Hold On A Little Bit Longer.

By SassyLuvsYou97 BRONZE, Cheyenne, Wyoming
SassyLuvsYou97 BRONZE, Cheyenne, Wyoming
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Be strong now
because things will get better.
It might be stormy now
but it can't rain forever

A young girl, oh so sad. She's beautiful like a winters sun, but yet she does not see that. She is trapped beneath this monster. She tries and tries to kick the monster aside. But it keeps winning. She cries hoping God will have some mercy on her. He doesn't seem to hear her. She whispers three words to herself in the dark... They are not "I love you". She scratches her wrists with all her strength. The monster is winning. God give her strength. She cries and cries but to no avail. She is so far into the dark where she is held captive by the monster. She wonders if she'll ever get out. Hope is something she always has, but is always let down. She wonders to herself "Should I end it now?" She knows people's words "you have so much to live for don't do this now!" Sometimes the monster leaves her be and doesn't bother her. But then it comes back twice as vain. The shaming love for pain is all she has. The love for friends and mom is all she has. Her face says brave... Her heart says scared.. The monster is getting bigger, oh what should she do? You don't know? Oh, I didn't think so.

I wrote this when I was going through a bad time. Going through that experience showed me that things do get better. The "monster" is personified, the monster is nothing more but my sadness. I hope when people read this, they'll learn to not judge someone based on their outside appearance. Life is a constant struggle. You just have to hold on a little bit longer. If I can do it, anyone can.