A Cradle | Teen Ink

A Cradle

By JordanMarie GOLD, Hanska, Minnesota
JordanMarie GOLD, Hanska, Minnesota

Im shy not antisocial: You can talk to me!

A lullaby
Sweet and Haunted.
Is whispered,
Sending chills down my spine.
Invading my dreams,
Seeping deep down inside
Till I live,
Breathe,
And think,
A cradle.
A baby sleeping within...
Crying,
A cradle,
Lurching.
Then falling
In the darkness.
The moon,
Making it's shadow
Dance it's shadow
Dance on the walls.
Then nothing,
No crying.
No lullaby.
No cradle...
Nothing at all.

People say that dreams mean something. In this case, I sure hope not. I was frightened by this dream...

Hannabug GOLD said...
Hannabug GOLD, Winona, Minnesota

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the Divine." Ludwig van Beethoven

O.o I hope if that was a dream that it doesn't come true....

DanielM SILVER said...
DanielM SILVER, Kent, Washington

"I would rather hated million times for what i did then loved a million times for what i didn't do." - Daniel Moto
" I've sought out to be the best i could posibly be but when i hit a roadblock in life what did i do, i had two choices either stay at the roadblock or i take this roadblock and make of it and go around it and achieve my goal. So, what will it be?"- Daniel Mathia

"People take love like its a four letter word or just a phrase that you tell people or your friends all the time. But in reality love is much bigger than a merely phrase or 4 letter word. Instead love is a genuine promise or covenant to that special person."-Daniel Mathia

“Why change yourself when you were made perfect and wonderfully by the creator of everything?” – Daniel Mathia

“If live is not hurtin then were really not living in.” – B. Reith

I liked your message and your authors notes. I would suggest making your poem flow a little bit more and spacing out the lines. Then of course i don't know if you meant to format it like that. Anyhow that was an awesome poem keep it up (: