Love Stories from Long Ago

She used to tell me love stories
Weave them together till they were as real
As the sweep of my hand across her smooth skin
And the tingle of my lips as they brushed across her cheek.
Tell me more about how,
Sidewalk cracks are made by falling stars
And I’ll tell you about how
Heartbreaks are made by falling dreams
And then maybe we’ll fall together.

She used to tell me love stories
That laid it all out before me
And made her voice span eternity
With the strength of a whisper.
And she told me about how
Sunsets coo the night out of its slumber
And I told her about how
The twinkle of a star resides in the depths of her eyes

And because of you I know why a supernova implodes.

Nikki_Nightmare said...
May 24, 2012 at 10:01 pm:
oh my god this is awesome :D i lovvveee it!!!

lizerina776This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 18, 2012 at 6:39 pm:
this is beautiful! i love it, nice job :)

Writer_JordanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 18, 2012 at 8:34 am:
Wow! I really loved how the story related your romance and outer space--I absolutely loved it!! There's something about this poem that just draws me in

hippiechick99 said...
May 18, 2012 at 8:32 am:
Wow, this is really good. I know all about broken dreams and they can lead to heartbreak, even if not from relationships. This is definatly a five-star and I hope you keep writing :)

Jetsrock10210 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 18, 2012 at 3:39 pm :
thank you!!!

DanielM said...
May 17, 2012 at 10:26 pm:
Please keep your comments positive and constructive. We'll remove anything inappropriate. Thanks!

kandiheart said...
May 17, 2012 at 4:46 pm:
I love the word choice and the first two stanzas were so beautiful. The last line is just like WHAM!! I want to know more about you and this girl and how she taught you this, did she break your heart? I really liked it but I am begging for more! :D

Padfoot507This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 17, 2012 at 4:45 pm:
i really like it, the descriptions are great :) the last line, however, confuses me. maybe im just in the dark about stars and stuff and that there's some secret meaning in this, but im just cinfused about how you went from such a deep emotional feeling to an imploding supernova...are you implying it's your heart? aaaanyways, i really love it, keep writing!! :)