Why, I did that to myself

Heavy in my mind, heavy in my head. I wasted so much time. Minutes turns to hours, hours into days, days into weeks. On and on again. Only thing I can do is eat, drink, sleep and think,Think,THINK! Can't believe I was willing enough, to even think that was an option. I would have hurt so many people. Friends, family and others too. My life can suck sometimes, but I shouldn't hurt myself. Everyday won't be a good day. Life is so precious! And to think I was too fed up with my Life to deal with the pain.
I can't take the easy way out. I have to deal with my problems and not run away from them. I'm the only one that can make myself happy, and I should not depend on others to do so. Because of my choices and actions, I'm stuck in this smelly hospital bed until I get better. Thinking about family, friends and life. Thinking about the consequences. Thinking, WHY, I did that to myself!

jetta.bugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like it. I like how you only introduced the setting at the very end. Very unique.

LunaLives said...
I wish I could write free verse like that. You have a lot of meaning in such a small amount of words. Great job.

HannabugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Amazingness!!!

RhemaSoulDD replied...
Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:19 pm :
Thankssss!

Firetip This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:01 pm:
That was awesome. I always like stuff where it's not the despair of cutting/suicide, but on the up; the resolution, the change. Very well done. :)

PurpleOreo4 replied...
Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:32 pm :
I'm glad. Thanks!

nakubaraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 12, 2012 at 3:57 pm:
Great, alot of emotion.

PurpleOreo replied...
Jul. 18, 2012 at 5:05 pm :

Thanks

dak0ta said...
Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:42 am:
nice, love th emotions shining through hehe

Meka100 said...
May 19, 2012 at 11:49 am:
Thank you. Im glad you enjoyed it. :)

Bookeater said...
May 18, 2012 at 11:52 pm:

Wow. This is just... Wow.

This is written great, but the emotion behind it is amazing. Staying strong is the biggest part, and I'm glad you did so.

Great writing, great story, and so I must say congradulations to you.

PurpleOreo replied...
Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:11 pm :
Thank You. Glad you enjoyed it!

Lacer said...
May 16, 2012 at 6:27 pm:
The narrative is excellent. You have a very good handle on first person view, that's obviously your strength. Your weakness is that there is little purpose here. The reader is given so little information, that I want to know what happened and get some background, otherwise I'm just confused. Albeit this is a poem, so your audience is mainly emotionally based viewers, but to capture more people, broaden your horizon and try to make it a story, not just a poem if that's what you'd rath... (more »)

Meka100 replied...
May 16, 2012 at 8:49 pm :
 Yes, I agree when I re read my poem,  I thought it needed more information too. Thank you very much for your feedback. :) I think I will re write this poem.

Goldy97 said...
May 16, 2012 at 4:44 pm:
that hapend to me but it was because i wanted to comitte suicide and i'm a self cutter.