I Am Drowning

I tied the anchors to my wrists
and they drowned me out at sea
The water was paper, it was a kiss
of the lost boys stolen lips
I wish he'd stayed; drowned with me
I fell so deep into the inky blue
I lost happy sun
where were you to grab my shoe
you didn't save me from
who

miaq96 said...

love it...one of the purest works ive read so far.Keep it up:)

LoudDreamer said...
Now, this is something I like! But, to be honest, I find myself going between one interpritation to another because it's meaning isn't very clear. At first, I thought drowning was a metaphore phore being imersed in literature(reinforced by paper water),  and the Lost Boys referance an allusion to a bookish love of classic novels like Peter Pan. But then my theory fell apart. "I lost happy sun" was a little oddly worded, and a little bit to short, too. It also didn't seem to fit with my hypo... (more »)

Gypsyroses replied...
Thank you! And as for your interpertation, sometimes when I write I just write what comes to mind. But all in all this poem is really about lonelyness, and how sometimes it feels like no one is there to save you from the darkness of your own mind.

LoudDreamer replied...
WOW..... That should have been OBVIOUS! How did I not get that? Jeeze. Sometime, I just delve too deep and see connections nobody else would dream of. Do you know how dandilions are related to imagination? Stars to lonely people? Subway trains to dragons? Probably not. Only somene crazy as me would know or care. "Of the lost boy's stolen lips/ I wish he'd stayed; drowned with me".....  "lost boy's" makes more sense that way, especially since it isn't caped.  oh, that reminds me, ... (more »)

Gypsyroses replied...
Thanks again! And actually, I think those connections you made between the dandilions and such were fantastic. You should use them in poems of your own. Also, I think poetry, while about self expression, is also about what others see in it. So see what you see in the poem, and don't worry to much about what is actually means. :)

Josika.Nav replied...
May 10, 2012 at 5:23 am
hey! i really like your style of writing and i love this piece of yours. i think poems like this have multiple meanings and the reader can interpret it in any way he/she wants, which is good as it closes room for controversy .awesome poem! great work and keep writing :D