You and the vile things you are

You steal, you lie, you pretend, you cheat.
You steal our hearts to fill the gap where yours should be.
You lie and tell me that I am horrible for what I do, when you do the same behind my back.
You pretend to be strong and powerful, but you are hallow on the inside.
You cheat my morals, my friends, and the facade you have created to protect yourself.
You are nothing more than scripted actions for emotions you feel and when a new one arises, you lose it.
You may not physically hurt us, but you pretend to be hurt by hurting yourself.
Your words are cruel, and manipulative arguments are worse than physical abuse because they slowly eat away at us, but aren't obvious to a passerby, like a bruise would be. At least someone could help if they could see our injuries. But no, you slowly kill us.
Stealthy and lethal.
Carefully planned.
That's just how you like it.

un_namedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 7:47 pm
I love this, it's really well written! You could try skipping down lines more often, it might make the poem flow a bit better. I love your writing, keep up the amazing job!

Lia692 said...
It sounds like this guy is a real jerk. That aside, this poem is quite good, and very...I don't want to say touching, because it's not an 'aw' kind, but it touches my heart. Amazing.