Surrounded By Sidewalks | Teen Ink

Surrounded By Sidewalks

April 28, 2012
By AliKay2016 BRONZE, Youngstown, Ohio
AliKay2016 BRONZE, Youngstown, Ohio
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Art should Comfort the Disturbed and Disturb the Comfortable.


I Am Dirt Roads, Little Towns With Funny Names, And Little Country Stores.
I Am The Country.
Where Houses Are Sometimes Three Miles Apart, But You Still Know Your Neighbor's Name.
Where Having More Than One Horse Or Cow Is Normal And Waking Up At 4:30 Is Necessary.
Where You Go To The State Fair Even Though It's The Same Every Year.
Where Spring Means Planting, Summer Means Late Night Bonfires, Fall Means Harvesting And Winter Means Sled Riding.
You Go To Church Every Sunday Because You Are Thankful For What You Have.
And The Yellow Lines On The Blacktop Are Non-Existent.
You Go To Baseball Games And Loose Your Voice Cheering For The Boy Who Sat In The Pew Behind You On Sunday.
And You Aren't Afraid To Leave Your Screen Doors Unlocked.
Where "Paradise" Is Sitting In The Hayloft With The One You Love And Watching The Sunset Into The Corn Fields.
This Is Me.

I Am Four-Way Streets, Big Towns With Simple Names, And Chain Restaurants.
I Am The City.
Where Houses Are Identical And One-Hundred Meters Apart, But You Don't Know Anyone's Name.
Where Having More Than One Cat Is Insane And Waking Up A 4:30 Is Necessary So You Can Get All Forty Hours.
Where You Go To Work Even Though It's The Same Everyday.
Where Spring Means Cleaning, Summer Means Air Conditioning, Fall Means School And Winter Means Bad Roads.
You Watch Sports Every Sunday Because There's Nothing Better To Do.
And The Yellow Lines On The Blacktop Are Re-painted Every Year.
You Swear At The T.V,Yelling At The Pro's Who Can't Hear You.
And You Don't Open The Windows For Fear Of A Break In.
Where "Paradise" Is Beating The 5:00 Traffic Rush And Going To Bed Without A Fight With Your Spouse. This Is Not Me.
But It Is Where I Am.


The author's comments:
This Is How I Feel About Moving From Greenbeaver To Boardman