Lady Raven

O Lady Raven,
Your feathered body,
Sleek and shined,
In the glorious sun.
You watch from your post
The world beneath,
With eyes so keen
Like an eagle’s,
Watching his prey.

Your wisdom surpasses
All of the others’,
O Athena of birds.
You spread those
Magnificent wings of ebony,
And glide with the wind,
Your image,
A piece of night
In the blue sky.

Your call,
A battle cry.
Ready to fight
For your home, your family,
Your pride.
O daughter of Night,
How I respect you,
Your beauty, wisdom and majesty.
Fly, o goddess, to your throne,
And watch over your domain.
This is your land,
And we live with you.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey there, oudeis! I read your description and hello, you ARE a great writer. You tried hard and put a lot of thought into this and not for nothing, this is spectacular. I tend to keep away from non-rhyming poems, which is probably because I am jealous of the fact that I can only write poems that rhyme otherwise they aren't so good, but the point is I love this. I love the title! Something about the picture you chose just makes this poem darker. It's wicked! I love the 'O&#... (more »)

oudeis replied...
Thank you so much for your lovely comment!  I really appreciate it! 

silentpeacock said...
love it, love it, love it, love it. I also love the raven. and the part "a piece of night in the blue sky" i love the night

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:58 am
Loved the way you described the raven---a different perspective instead of associating the raven with death or despair.

silentpeacock replied...
whoops! i dont love The Raven, as in Edgar Allen Poe or the movie, but as in the actual bird

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oh I know, I too meant the actual animal.

silentpeacock replied...
:) the movie is creepy- i watched the trailer