To me | Teen Ink

To me

By jsay33 BRONZE, Calabasas, California
jsay33 BRONZE, Calabasas, California

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." - Benjamin Franklin

I sat there, a room full of three biologically close individuals, never feeling more distant. A dark room yet able to see so clearly what is going on. Essentially a quiet place yet noises over whelm me; The subtle snoring coming from the right corner, the cheesy jokes coming out of the television on the left, The clicks of my fingers as they hit the keyboard anxiously trying to get out every word of thought. The city lights stream through the large window but are shielded by the thin transparent white curtain. I sit here, more alone and lost than ever. How is it you can go from a happy and sure state to a miserable lost place? Or was the happiness just a shield from the hurt? Can one ever be fully satisfied? Or is happiness an acceptance of the cruelty and hurt of life? Does one even know if this is a question worth pondering, or a waste of time and space? They say life is short, why doesn’t this time seem short?
A blank face shields guilt, hurt, and disappointment in others and in her. Her fingers seem as if they are working on an amateur piece, or is it just nobody has seen her full potential…? Or perhaps over looked her ability. Maybe they were misled by individuals to believe that this talent was indeed a flaw. Flaws, something one is never short of. Perhaps one overlooks the important ones and focuses on irrelevant ones. Society projects an image, personal flaws hold you back from believing you are up to this standard. But are you really? Who is to say that is right? Who is to say you are right? Why should I believe what you say is true? After all, this all started with a seemingly empty room created by you.