Nightmare's End

Separation,
Desperation.
It's beginning to set in.
Nothing to do
But curl up into a ball
And wait
Wait
Wait for the nightmares to end.
This hellish life,
These scarring nightmares,
They know no boundaries.
They know no ends.
The hope is gone,
The hope of improvement,
You have learned to be content.
Content.
Right.
I wish I was content,
I wish I was okay,
I wish that I was alive.
I am none of these things anymore.
Dead inside, outside, too.
Like a flower wilting;
Slowly I die.
I can feel the furious flames of

death,
Licking at my body.
They will never cease.
They can only grow stronger.
And so I wait,
Curled into a ball.
I wait for the nightmare to end.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey there! The title was very appealing.. poems about dreams and nightmares are always so interesting, because people's dreams/nightmares are always so different from mine/other people's.. and it's crazy to read poetry/stories about them. And though this was different from what I expected I found it very interesting and I enjoyed reading it. That's the magic of poetry, I think I know what it'll be about but I don't. The picture really went well with this poem and the flam... (more »)

Rebecca.xx replied...
Wow, thank you so much! I'm happy you enjoyed the poem. I love the picture as well, I was so excited when I found it! And yes word placement was very thought out, glad you noticed :)

ephemeral said...
May 27, 2013 at 12:30 am
The meter you wrote in does much for what you're conveying here and your clipped syntax is steady like a heartbeat, as though you can feel your heat, or your life, pulsing away in this poem. I like the parallel structure and the repetition of the beginning in the end, because it comes full circle to show, instead of development, you're trapped in the same nightmare at the end of the poem as yo were at the beginning, but you've resigned that there's nothing to do about it except l... (more »)

Rebecca.xx replied...
Thanks so much! I'm glad the meter was noticeable

Metal4Life said...
Great job creating such vivid imagery! I really enjoyed this, I see absolutely no error or flaw! Wonderful job!

Rebecca.xx replied...
May 27, 2013 at 10:37 am
Thank you so much, glad you liked it!

dragonsandthree said...
May 21, 2013 at 7:46 am
Great job! I really like this, it's the same kind and type of poetry that write for the most part.

becca.37 replied...
I noticed that as I read yours! Thank you :)

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dark and mysterious, really good. My only helpful critisim is that in the first stanza you say nighmares twice in like 2 different lines. It sounds a bit awkward and repetative. My suggestion would be too take out "nightmares" and insert dreams so it would look something like this: "Waiting for the nightmares to end, this hellish life, these scarring dreams" I don't know if you see what I did there, but when I read it that way it flows better. Hope you don't take that... (more »)

becca.37 replied...
May 21, 2013 at 5:35 am
Thank you for reviewing, glad you liked it! I hadn't realized I used nightmare more than once in the same stanza, thank you for pointing that out :)

Chichot123 said...
May 20, 2013 at 10:58 am
Dark but beautiful. it really gave me the chiils. I love it :D !!!