Buoyant This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I used to be popularity's anchor;
I sank to the ocean floor.
I've been splashed with drama
Drowned by rumors
Drenched with gossip
Tossed around by the tides of trends
Swept away by peer pressure's rip current;
Lost at sea.
I was washed ashore by lost hope.
Then my mind learned to swim.
My reputation flourished with fins.
My personality sprouted gills.
I treaded water through psychological typhoon.
I stood tall against verbal cyclones
I endured emotional monsoons.
I've seen rough and calm waters
Failure and success have ebbed and flowed
And I've been swimming against the current ever since.
But now, in the vast seas of popularity, I am no longer sinking
Nor swimming
I am simply just
Floating.

forever1218 said...
Wow thats amazing! Love the ending! 

BlueAndRedInk said...
nice imagery

MaddiHatter16This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:00 am
Its alot like life in a way. I enjoyed it!

SickImage said...
This is interesting and nicely written.

LexiClare said...
Hi lbeard510, I'd like to say congratulations on being published in Teen Ink.  This poem is honest and I love the title.  On another note, your taste in music is excellent.  I had no idea someone else could adore Eric Hutchinson AND Billy Joel AND the Beatles!!!  They are my absolute favorite artists, and it is so wonderful to see someone who appreciates their music as much as I do.  I also play piano, so I guess we have a lot in common!  Thank you so much for y... (more »)

3dancer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem is so amazing!! This is just what I felt like last year, I was trying so hard to fit in that I lost myself in the sea of everbody else! That's when I relized why would I want to be like everyone else I was born original and I will not die a copy. But yeah this was a excellent poem!

LaurenBeard This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
That's such a great mindset. :) Thank you for your feedbook and your kind words!

pl4tinum3mphasis said...
HOLY AMAZING. I love this, It is simply perfect. That's all I can say...perfect.

Wow. Thank you so much. The simplicity in your comment is incredibly flattering.

705toofdaP This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:43 am
This was beautifully worded, and so truthful. Amazing descriptions and imagery, really wonderful job! Congrats on being published, keep it up! (:

FlashlevitationThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
good point you make here, i feel the same way!