Innocent's Price

Innocence free
To blissfully fly
The blue of her wings
That melt with the sky
The green eyes of the kitten
Staring her way
That sparkle with wonder,
No more boredom today.

The wet, purple bloodstains
Where her wings are tearing,
The gray of his claws
That snatch with out caring.
Innocence gleefully
Bouncing around.
Innocence lying
Dead on the ground.

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Ah...I love the theme and the rhyme. It's beautiful.

EPluribusUnum This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you! Haha, this is another one of my "what the heck am I getting into" poems about dating. I was having a very confusing time XD Oh well, poetry really is a great way to get out your fear, and all the joys of life as well.

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:24 am
WOW...Your poetry is so much more deep than I first thought...that there are so many multiple meaning for every line...just wow....And You're welcome!

Josika.Nav said...
Apr. 12, 2012 at 2:30 am
wow! nice one!! i love the flow and the meaning. beautiful rhyme scheme :) great work and keep writing XD!

Thank you!!!

snowleopard100 said...
Awesome job with the rhyming scheme; you had a successful rhyme pattern and also used very powerful imagery. That's a sign of a good writer. Keep it up!!!!

Thanks for your comment! :D